Saturday, May 28, 2011

All Packed

I've spent a good portion of the last week getting prepared for the ride. I'm flying out to Seattle later today and will begin the ride there. I'm flying on Frontier airlines. Progressive, outdoor thinkers that they are, they don't have an excess baggage charge for bikes.

For airline travel, I broke down the bike and put it in a bike box. The bike is bigger than most and with the longer chainstay it barely fit.  I had to take off the handlebars, and the front wheel is going in a second box along with the trailer. I put in some extra air-pillows to brace it. Hopefully I won't have any travel damage, but just in case I've got a list of bike shops in Seattle.

My route will take me through the Northern border states: Washington, Idaho, Montana, N. Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York, Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine.

Let the adventure begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment