Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Trial Run - Day 2

Nice to have the wind at my back. 50 miles at 12.3 mph and I didn't get lost. The WI countryside really is pretty with green rolling hills and lots of cows looking at you with that look of "where are you going to?"

Riding the back roads, there aren't many places to stop for coffee or a meal. I happened to notice a place called the Hideaway. It is a traditional WI tavern with about 12 seats in the whole place. 4 seats were occupied with friendly folks having a beer at 10 a.m. 6 oz glasses at 70 cents seemed to be the most popular. I had a cup of coffee, a pretzel and for dessert a glass of Old Style. It was good.

Tomorrow I ride back to Cedarburg. With a hoped for tailwind, I plan to be there by 5 p.m.

1 comment:

  1. Mike,
    Could you post some pics of the bike and trailer?
    Gwen says hi and think about the snacks you want for the slde show. I figure after 2 months you'll have a pretty good list.
    Stay safe

    ReplyDelete