Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Trial Run

I picked up the bike yesterday and was all I was expecting and more. The guys at Crank Daddy's took good care of me. Steve did the bike fitting and Mike added a few other items to make it an official touring bike.

Mike at Crank Daddy's

I left early this morning and headed up to Point Beach State park (about 80 miles from Cedarburg.) No problems with the bike, and pulling the trailer was pretty easy. I was doing 15 mph... and then winds started. I had 15-20 mph winds right in the kisser and speed went down to 12, 10, 8 and then 6. It wasn't much fun and of course I got lost a couple of times and that added 5 miles to the ride. But I'm here at the park and so far so good. I'll find out if the sleeping bag is warm enough pretty quick. :)


Pointe Beach State Park
I have two more days on the trial run and should have about 200 miles in total.

No comments:

Post a Comment