Monday, July 4, 2011

A Day Off

That was different: a full day without any riding. Instead, Ken and I went down to Crank Daddy's where we had Mike make a couple of minor adjustments on the bike and I bought a new pair of bike shorts. I'm looking forward to a well padded ride in the coming days.

http://crankdaddys.com

Early in the evening, we drove down to Milwaukee and, with some of Ken's friends, enjoyed dinner on the river at John Hawk's. A liverwurst sandwich with a cold beer is taste treat on a warm summer evening. The company of three lovely ladies made the meal just that much more pleasant.


Afterwards, we walked about 10 blocks down to the lakefront, set up the folding chairs, and the hour-long fireworks display began. I don't know how many people witnessed the show, but with Milwaukee's Summerfest music festival going on at the same time, it had to be hundreds of thousands.

This is the Calatrava at the Milwaukee Art Museum, shortly before the fireworks began.


..and another view during the show.



Today is another day of rest and then it is back on the road. I ride up to Manitowoc tomorrow and then take the ferry over to Ludington, MI. The legs are feeling stronger already. I'm going to send my cold weather clothing home via USPS and that'll reduce my load and maybe improve my speed, especially up the hills.

I mentioned Lake Winnebago yesterday. They have a bike race/ride around the lake on August 21. It's 90 miles and I have heard great things about the route and support. Dave.. you up for this one?

http://www.midwestsportsevents.com/racethelake.html


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Cedarburg, WI

No comments:

Post a Comment