Friday, July 8, 2011

Maps

I got out early in hopes of beating the heat and getting at least 100 miles in. Well, I beat the heat for a while and with some effort, I put on 109 miles. I'm pretty sure I getting closer to Louisville, but without a map I'm not sure how much closer.

I figured I could get a map near the Michigan-Indiana border. I stopped in at least 6 gas stations/convenience stores, and none had an Indiana map. So I asked for directions and gradually made my way down to Logansport. I asked around for a map here too, but no luck. So, I'm going to go to Google and write down some directions for the next 100 miles.

At about 4 p.m. I stopped for a late lunch at the Kibitzer Tavern and Restaurant in Kewanna. I had a nice conversation with Bob and Jane, and the owner Gloria. I learned a little bit about the corn and soybean business (it's good) and enjoyed a great burger. I told them about my bicycle travels. When I was ready to leave, Gloria generously bought my lunch. Thirty-nine days of pedaling and there are still some new experiences and pleasant surprises.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:E Market St, Logansport, IN

No comments:

Post a Comment