Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Feeling a Little Bit Better

I spent a very restful night on the shore of Bull Lake and woke up to low clouds and still air. It had rained a little the previous night, but it warm and I was ready to get back on the road.



Before leaving, I spent a little time with my hosts, Jerry and Margaret. It turns out they have Kentucky and California connections too. Jerry's great grandfather was an editor for the Louisville newspaper in the 1800's. Jerry and Margaret lived and worked in N. California before retiring to MT.

Though feeling better, I still wasn't able to take in much food. A stop at Henry's restaurant in Libby for some turkey rice soup and peppermint tea provided some much needed energy.

I spent the night at a fishing resort just North of the Libby Dam.

At the resort, I met James, who has turned his passion for rock and mountain climbing into a profession. He and a partner were working at the Libby Dam, using their mountain climbing skills and equipment to help engineers inspect the 400 foot high exterior of the dam.

It rained hard last night and its raining now. I'll reluctant to start riding in the rain, but forecast calls for much of the same for the next few days.

Note to Bob M: You'd love this place; they've pulled out trout as big as 12 lbs.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:6 Miles North of Libby Dam, MT

No comments:

Post a Comment