Saturday, June 18, 2011

Heading to Fargo

The winds shifted to the Southwest and I was able to get in 90 miles today. Most of it was on hiway 2, but East of Minot traffic was very light and hills were few.

This area has experienced flooding over the past couple of weeks and had I come through a few days earlier, the water on the roads might have been too deep to ride through. I only had to ride through 1/2 inch of water, but you can see that this creek had gone well over its banks.



Over the next few days my route heads to the Southeast and Fargo, ND. Unfortunately the winds are shifting to the Southeast tomorrow and will be from an Easterly direction Monday and Tuesday. I'd like to get to Minnewaukan tomorrow, but that is 60 miles away; a major challenge in the wind.

So far I've ridden about 1500 miles. I find that actual riding time on a good day is about 6 1/2 hours. I can do more, but speed drops off and the fun factor evaporates.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Rugby, ND

No comments:

Post a Comment