Sunday, June 12, 2011

Flat #2

The day started fine, but at my 25 mile break, I came out of the c-store to find the rear tire flat. It was a tiny hole, seemingly caused by a small sharp rock.

No problem; I had 3 extra tubes I bought after my first flat. Hmmm.. these tubes are far too big. So I got out the patch kit and patched the tube. Havre has a bike shop and so I'll hopefully get some correct sized tubes tomorrow.

I'm starting to see more bicycle tourists. Besides the 3 I met yesterday in Chester, I also talked to 3 others West bound.

Today I played tortoise and hare with 2 women who were going to N. Dakota. They had no camping gear; just planned to stay in motels. Their pace was pretty slow and they were casual riders, who didn't train for their trip. It goes to show that bike touring is more a matter of planning and commitment rather than physical capability.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Havre, MT

No comments:

Post a Comment