Saturday, June 25, 2011

Mississippi River

It was nice day for a ride. I rode the Cental Lakes and Lake Wobegon trails all day. Winds were out of the SE, but they were light and much of the trail was wind protected by trees and brush. Here's the view of the trail, just as I'm entering Holdingford.



And the trail behind me...


With the pleasant weather, I decided tonight would be a camping night. I decided on the Two Rivers campground since it was the only one available for another 30 miles. It is amazing how the price of a camp space can vary. Two nights ago, I camped at Tony's for the price of $3. Tonight I'm paying $30. Sure, this property has a pool and lots of other amenities, but for the most part I can't use them. I guess the price reflects to proximity to the Twin Cities: it's about a 90 minute drive.

One nice thing about the campground is the location: right at the confluence of the Platte and Mississippi Rivers. I think of the Mississippi as a wide, slow moving river. Well, it's pretty narrow and fast here.



Tomorrow its on to Dalbo. Its only about a 60 mile ride, but considering that I've ridden about 245 miles in the last 3 days, I deserve an easy day.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Royalton, MN

No comments:

Post a Comment